Discovery Day Camp
Looking for a camp where children will have the most fun during the summer? Look no further! Discovery Day Camp is the place! The camp is located at one of Valpo's most popular parks, Rogers-Lakewood! At DDC, each week will feature a different theme filled with a wide variety of activities. Campers will be able to experience field trips, fishing, inflatables, boating, nature hikes, arts and crafts, water games, slip-n-slides, and many different sports! An opportunity to make new friends while having fun participating in various activities is found at Discovery Day Camp! Pizza lunch is provided on Fridays!
The Discovery Day Camp is important to a child's development because:
- Campers grow personally. They are given the chance to experience new things and interact with other children on a daily basis.
- Campers learn new things. Whether it's playing a new game, practicing an existing skill or developing their social skills, campers leave our camp having learned something they can remember for a lifetime.
- Campers learn to appreciate diversity in each other. We live in a multicultural community and our camp reflects this. Campers learn each person is unique. They have fun and respect each other regardless of race, religion, gender, or social status.
- Campers learn lifetime values. From the simplest of values and attitudes like sharing, sportsmanship, promoting a healthy, active lifestyle, and giving respect to others, comes our basis for making more complex value decisions as they mature.
- Campers have fun! Without fun, the above reasons for children to attend our camp become harder to accomplish. Games, stories, hikes, field trips, swimming, sports, and crafts are all done with the campers as the primary focus.
Meet the Counselor Night
Wednesday, May 29th, 5:30 - 8:30 pm
- Free week of camp: Register for all weeks of camp at one time and receive 1 free standard camp week!
- Sibling discount: Are you enrolling more than 1 child in summer camp? Be sure to take advantage of our sibling discounts. A $10 will discount applies to the 2nd child enrollment.
Click below to find out more!
The following forms must be submitted by your child's first day of camp:
- Camp Health History and Emergency Form (PDF)
- 2018 Discovery Camp and Adventure Camp Parents Guide (PDF)
- Medication Dispensing Form (PDF)
- Drop Off and Pick Up Form (PDF)
- Severe Weather Procedure for Thomas Jefferson School (PDF)