May 21, 2020 4:45 PM
COVID-19 Update 7/8/2020
Because the safety of our customers and staff is Valpo Parks highest priority, we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds. We are taking additional steps with cleaning procedures at our facilities.
Governor Holcomb provided updates to the Back on Track Plan in the fight against COVID-19. Below is an outlined Valpo Parks plan for our various park facilities and programs.
Please keep in mind the below is subject to change based on CDC guidelines and other new information. Additionally, specific restrictions will be applied to each stage and each activity or program based on further guidance.
For continued updates, please visit our website at ValpoParks.org. We will release any changes to this plan as updates arise. Thank you and please continue to stay safe.
• Parks and pathways are open.
• Playgrounds are open.
• Park restrooms are open.
• All hard surface courts are open.
• Sports fields are open for games and practice. Bleachers will remain closed.
• Sports games and leagues can begin.
• Fitness Equipment located at Fairgrounds Park is open.
• Social gatherings of up to 250 people are allowed. All indoor and outdoor rentals will continue to follow CDC social gathering guidelines.
• Banta Activity Center will remain closed until further notice.
• Central Park Plaza special events have begun and will follow social gathering guidelines.
• Rogers-Lakewood Park gate and park store are open.
• Splash pad at Central Park Plaza is open.
• Discovery Cottage Preschool will follow community school guidelines.
• Discovery Day Camp will begin on July 6.
• Creekside Golf Course and Training Center and Forest Park Golf Course are open with modifications. Please visit Valpo Parks Golf Facebook page for updates.
• Community Garden is open.
• ValPAWraiso Dog Park is open.
• Creekside Trails are open.
• The Park Admin Office is open to the general public. Appointments are still recommended. For general inquires related to registrations or scheduling, email Jane Grennes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Start dates for future events and programs will be announced as they become available.
If additional information on other City of Valparaiso government closures or changes, please visit https://ci.valparaiso.in.us/1674/COVID-19-Response